Time & Location
About The Event
Sweet treats and family memories are on their way during the LCM’s Gingerbread Extravaganza. Gather your edible construction supplies and create a one of a kind masterpiece to be displayed at the LCM during the week of Sunday, December 5-Sunday, December 12. Gingerbread structures must be registered and dropped off at the LCM by 4:00 pm on Sunday, December 5. Judging will take place during the display week and winners announced via Facebook Live event on Sunday, December 12 at 4 pm. During the week, guests can vote for their favorite designs at the Museum. Prizes awarded to top three constructions. This is a FUNdraising event. Registration is $10 per entry. Families or groups may submit one entry. Additional contest rules apply.
- All Gingerbread houses/structures must be 100% edible, candy/embellishments/materials except the base board and candy wrappers. Non-edible support structure material other than the base board may not be used.
- No artificial interior materials, such as Styrofoam, are to be used to construct or decorate the house/structure.
- Non-edible decorations, such as paint, ribbon, figurines, etc. may be used ONLY to decorate your base (not house/structure).
- Gingerbread houses/structures must be registered and dropped off at the LCM no later than Sunday, December 5 at 4:00 pm. Gingerbread houses must be picked up by Friday, December 17 at 4:00 pm.
- Winners will be selected by popular vote, which will take place on site at the Museum. Guests can vote for their favorite gingerbread house or structure by purchasing voting tickets (3 tickets for $1).
- Winners will be announced at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, December 12 via a Facebook Live event.
- The Museum reserves the right not to display an entry if it is deemed inappropriate and is not responsible for any loss or damage.
LCM Waiver and Consent:
I, as parent/guardian, permit the Lewisburg Children’s Museum (known hereafter as LCM) to use pictures of my child(ren) as a program participant in promotional literature, videos, and the LCM website. I understand my child(ren)’s name(s) will not be published. I hereby assume all risks and hazards incidental to the conduct of the activities at the LCM and other field trip locations (if applicable) and transportation to and from the activities (if applicable). My Child is fit for the program(s) in which I have enrolled him/her. I, as parent/guardian, do hereby agree to release, discharge, and hold harmless the LCM, its trustees, officers, agents, and employees of and from all causes, liabilities, damages, claims, or demands whatsoever on account of any injury or accident involving the said minor arising out of my child’s participation in this program.
- Family/Group Entry$10$100$0